Are you are a yogi looking to enhance your flexibility quickly? You’re in the right place! Yoga is a fantastic way to increase your body’s range of motion, reduce stiffness, and feel more limber overall. Today I want to introduce you to five beginner-friendly yoga poses that will help you see significant improvements in your flexibility in no time. Remember, consistency is key, so practice these poses regularly, and you’ll be amazed at the progress you make.
Hold Each for 10 Breathes to improve your flexibility
Child’s Pose :
- Start by kneeling on the floor with your big toes touching and knees slightly wider than hip-width apart.
- Sit back on your heels and stretch your arms forward, lowering your chest to the ground.
- Rest your forehead on the mat and relax your entire body.
- Breathe deeply and hold this pose for 10 deep and slow breathes
- Child’s Pose gently stretches the back, hips, thighs, and ankles, making it an excellent choice for beginners.
Downward-Facing Dog :
- Begin on your hands and knees in a tabletop position.
- Push your hips up and back, forming an inverted “V” shape with your body.
- Push your chest back towards your thighs and lift your hips up high.
- You do not need to reach your heels down to the ground, but you can paddle them out slowly if you like. knees can always stay bent!
- Hold for 10 long and slow deep breathes, focusing on elongating your spine.
- Downward Dog stretches the hamstrings, calves, and shoulders, promoting flexibility in these areas.
Cobra Pose :
- Lie on your stomach with your legs extended, palms placed next to your chest.
- Inhale and lift your chest off the ground, keeping your hips and lower body on the mat.
- Gently arch your back while engaging your core muscles.
- Hold as you inhale and lower as you exhale. Repeat 10 times.
- Cobra Pose helps improve flexibility in the spine and chest, while also strengthening the back muscles.
Forward Fold :
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and hinge at your hips to fold forward.
- Imagine sticking your bum out and trying to reach your belly button towards the tops of your thighs.
- Keep your knees slightly bent if necessary, and let your head and upper body hang heavy.
- Grab your elbows and gently sway side to side.
- Hold for 10 long and deep breathes
- Forward Fold stretches the hamstrings, lower back, and improves overall flexibility in the legs and spine.
Cat-Cow Stretch :
- Begin in a tabletop position with wrists under shoulders and knees under hips. Really grab the mat with your fingers to take pressure off your wrists.
- Inhale as you arch your back, lifting your head and tailbone (Cow Pose).
- Exhale as you round your back, tucking your chin and tailbone (Cat Pose).
- Repeat this flow for 10 deep breathes.
- The Cat-Cow Stretch is excellent for mobilizing the spine and increasing flexibility in the back and neck.
YouTube Video coming soon to demonstrate!
Incorporating these beginner-friendly yoga poses into your daily routine can lead to significant improvements in your flexibility. Remember to listen to your body, breathe deeply, and be patient with yourself. As you consistently practice these poses, you’ll not only notice increased flexibility but also enhanced overall well-being and reduced stress. So, roll out your yoga mat, embrace the journey, and enjoy the wonderful benefits of yoga on your flexibility and overall health. Namaste!
New To Yoga and Want to learn more? Check out My beginner Yoga Course. A 21 Day course to guide you through Beginner movements, meditation and breathwork. Come and see what yoga is actually all about. – click here or the image below